Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bangkok - May 08

Bangkok is a country that is on my holiday list yearly, and for reasons none other than shopping!
I also go to massages at Healthland Spa (www.healthlandspa.com). If you are there with friends, it is worthwhile to get packages(3,500 Baht for 10 times) to share.

PS: I never bring a camera to BKK as my time is preoccupied with shopping.

Shopping places on my checklist:
1) Platinum. This is my favourite. I spend at least 1 full day there. An air-conditioned indoor area with 4-5 floors of shopping. It is a wholesale centre, i.e you have to buy at least 3 pieces from a shop to enjoy discounted pricing (make sure you travel with at least another kaki). The cheapest price for a top or skirt is around $8. You can see the same item selling for at least $30 plus in Far East. That explains why I almost never shop in S'pore. Most of my clothes are bought when I am on holiday.

2) Pratunam Market. The clothes are not so pretty compared to Platinum & it is less orderly. However, you can dig up good bargains if you have time.

3) City Square. This is opposite Platinum. I always go there to get my working skirts @ $8. The material is better than G2000.

4) Chatuchak weekend market. I do not spend too much time there as most of the items are sourced from Platinum/Pratunam. However, they have cheap & lovely furniture at the outskirts of the market.

No comments: